Duration – 1 year
Eligibility – Graduation in any stream (with minimum 45% marks) or equivalent
Library and Information Science is a degree course, offered at Bachelor’s and Master’s level by universities across the country. The Bachelor’s is a one-year programme, which requires a bachelor’s degree in any stream. Librarianship as a profession provides a variety of employment opportunities. Today there are a number of career prospects in Library and Information Science. The qualified professionals are employed in various libraries and information Centers. Trained library professionals can find opportunities for employment both as teacher and as a Librarian. In fact, it is possible to choose the kind of library to suit one’s interest and background. In Librarianship, designations could be Librarian, Documentation Officer, Assistant Librarian, Deputy Librarian, Scientist (Library Science/ Documentation), Library and Information Officer, Knowledge Manager/ Officer, Information Executive, Director/Head of Library Services, Information Officer and Information Analyst.
Librarians are required at every such place where library and information record exists. Career opportunities for a librarian exists –
- In School, College, Universities
- In Central Government Libraries.
- In the training centers of banks.
- In National Museum and Archives.
- In NGOs working in different areas.
- In R&D Centre like ICAR, CSIR, DRDO, ICSSR, ICHR, ICMR, ICFRE, etc.
In Business Houses.
- In Foreign Embassies and High Commissions.
- In International Centers like WHO, UNESCO, UNO, World Bank etc.
- In the libraries of Ministries and other government departments.
- In National Level Documentation Centers.
- In Library Networks.
- In the newspaper libraries.
- In News Channels.
- In the Libraries of Radio Stations.
- In the Databases provider firms.
- In publishing companies for preparing Index, abstracts, bibliographies etc.
- In various digital library projects like ‘Digital Library of India’ etc.
In Training Academies.
|Duration||1 year or 2 semesters|
|Eligibility||Graduation (Any stream – Science, Commerce and Arts)|
|Fees||10,000 per semester + University fees|